Friday, May 15, 2009

This week's penguin: It's that time of year again, when penguins (and humans) perform heroic feats of cycling for a good cause.







And now, a word from your human:

Sponsor me, feel good, get a penguin.

Michael and I will be cycling in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure fund-raising event again. This will be the seventh Tour for us.

Did you know that research shows that giving is a terrific way to feel good? I am not making this up; generosity turns on the same parts of the brain that usually light up in response to food or sex. I'm just saying. (Here's the actual journal article, for science geeks.)

As in previous years, I'll be making an exclusive "Tour de Herring" cycling-themed episode of Pengcognito; anyone who sponsors me will get their own shiny printed signed copy.

Everyone who doesn't sponsor me will have to wait till 2010 to see it on the web.

(Yeah, a cartoon. What, did you think I was going to give you a live penguin? You don't want one. They bite.)

Previous thank-you penguins can be seen here:
Tour de Herring! And why you want to be riding in front...

and here:
Penguins bike in some weird places.

and here:
Penguins on bicycles, for a good cause.

So go here for a penguin, and an opportunity to feel great!

Posted via web from Jen's posterous

No comments: